KazGeo published route to Rakhmanov’s lake
In the spring of this year, KazGeo compiled a list of 55 interesting and beautiful places in Kazakhstan.
Photo from the site liveinternet.ru
Kazakh Geographic Society described the travel route from Ust-Kamenogorsk to Rakhmanov’s lake, Kazpravda.kz reports.
"As part of its work on development of domestic tourism, the Kazakh Geographic Society presents the best routes to travel. Let's start with one of the main attractions of East Kazakhstan - the Rakhmanov’s Lake. This is the pearl of Katonkaragay District of East Kazakhstan region. It is located among the mountain slopes covered with forests. The depth of the lake reaches 30.6 meters, and water temperature, even in summer does not exceed 10-12 degrees Celsius. In the surroundings of the lake there are many thermal springs. According to the legend, a young hunter Rakhmanov discovered this lake, chasing a wounded deer in 1763. Once the water had washed the animal's wounds, the healed deer could escape. Truly magical properties of the Rakhmanov’s lake still attract many tourists and pilgrims", - said in KazGeo.
How to get there:
1. Start the way in Ust-Kamenogorsk.
2. Go towards Zyryanovsk.
3. Pass a traffic police post in the village Serebryansk.
4. Pass the village Novaya Bukhtarma.
5. Pass Zyryanovsk.
6. Cross the border of Katonkaragay District and enter Ulken Naryn (formerly known as Bolshoi Naryn).
7. Go past the village Katon-Karagay.
8. Go past the village Shyngystau. Go to the border village Uryl.
9. The following 40 km - is the rise to the resort, "Rakhmanov’s springs."
10. Keep going to the village Berel - this is our main reference point. From it, we travel north along the river Berel, following the signs "To Rakhmanov’s springs."
11. Along the river we pass about 10-15 km, climb to the plateau, then arrive to the resort, "Rakhmanov’s springs," which is located at the shores of the lake.
The total distance from Ust-Kamenogorsk to the lake is 455 km.
Kazakh travelers are advised to use off-road cars to travel.
Recall, this spring KazGeo compiled a list of 55 interesting and beautiful places in Kazakhstan for tourists.