France to build corridor to "green" technology at EXPO-2017
"Energy transition to green growth" - that is the main theme of the French side, which will be presented at the international exhibition in Astana, Commissioner of French national pavilion at EXPO-2017 Pascal Lorot told Kazpravda.kz.
France was the first country to appoint a commissioner of its section, thus obtaining the right to choose the location of the pavilion on the territory of EXPO-2017. The French section is one of the largest - 1083 square meters. But the main thing is inside of it.
During a working visit to Astana Pascal Lorot disclosed some secrets of the concept of the French pavilion before its official presentation, scheduled for December.
- We arrived on an official visit to meet with the organizers of EXPO 2017, as well as to visit the French pavilion, to see how construction is progressing. In addition, this morning we have had an interesting meeting with Astana Mayor. We plan to start construction in early 2017. All my team will arrive in Astana in March 2017. We plan to finish the construction in time and to fulfill all our ideas, - says Pascal Lorot. - We would like to know more details about the concept, the content of your pavilion, please share.
- Well, I cannot tell all the secrets, but our main theme is "Energy transition to green growth" and includes three sub-themes: new forms of energy, environmental transport modes and smart city. The concept of our pavilion includes a few spaces that are provided by our partner, and they will be linked with each other. Our pavilion will present French companies, which will demonstrate our achievements and the latest technology in the field of green energy. We have launched a tender and get suggestions, including from Kazakhstan. But if an international company wins, we believe that it will still use local materials and labor.
- Do many tourists from France plan to come to Astana during the EXPO?
- We conduct a great job of communication in France, a lot of talk about Astana, but it is difficult to give an exact number of tourists. But as for businessmen, a large number of events in our pavilion is planned which will be attended by directors of the French companies involved in energy.
- What are your expectations from the event?
- We want to emphasize that the French know-how in the field of green energy is very important. And our goal is to present the French company in our pavilion. Of course, we are strong in such areas as "City of the Future", in other industries, "green technologies". In addition, EXPO is an international platform that allows discussing important issues in this area.
Note that the French Commissariat will live at the EXPO-town, and was the first to demonstrate their apartments to the public.